It turns out WordPress has awards. Who knew? I thought the fun began and ended with the elusive Freshly Pressed honor (and I do mean elusive. I’m pretty sure it’s going to take a miracle for me to get that). It also turns out that once you’ve been nominated for an award, you’ve won that award.
Yesterday, I won the Lovely Blog Award from the even more lovely http://365isfine.wordpress.com/, which is a comedically tragic blog, and I’m pretty sure a public record of my college dating life. If you’re not reading it, you should be. It is amazing.
This award comes with a set of rules. They are as follows:
- Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
- Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
- Nominate fifteen or so bloggers you admire.
- Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them.
Since I’ve already followed Rule #1, let’s move on to Rule #2.
Rule #2: Share 7 Things You May Not Know About Me:
- I am left-handed, totally and completely. Seriously- I’m not sure why God even bothered to give me a right hand. It’s useless for most things, except changing the radio station in the car. It’s nice having another hand for that.
- I am allergic to all things. Ok, that’s not entirely true. I’m allergic to caffeine, gluten, and various forms of formaldehyde. This means I’m allergic to all things containing those items, which is pretty much everything except apples, watermelon, and mint chocolate chip ice cream (but the kind without artificial sweeteners, because that crap is a form of formaldehyde. Think about that while you drink that morning coffee.)
- I have six brothers and sisters. I’ve written a post about one of them. I’ve posted a picture of another. The other four remain shrouded in mystery.
- I have a pet rabbit. If you’ve been following my blog for any length of time, you’ll already know that. However, you may not know #5…
- My rabbit’s name is Epinephrine, or Eppy for short. She is in fact a synthetic form of adrenaline. She does silly bunny things, like licking my toes and chewing on the carpet and playing hide-and-seek in French. You know, the usual.
- I own my own web series production company. It’s called Symbios Productions, and we’re hoping to launch a sci-fi series later this year. You’ll probably hear more about this in a few months.
- My pet peeve is people using psychological disorder terms improperly. If you say you have OCD, you’d better actually have it. Also, PLEASE Google the difference between schizophrenia and multiple personality disorder (or disassociative identity disorder, as it’s now called).
Rule #3: Nominate 15 or so bloggers you admire. I don’t actually follow that many bloggers on WordPress (quite a few are over on Blogger), so I’m nominating 9.
And there you have it. I’m off to notify the new award winners, and you should be off to read their blogs. They’re all awesome, funny, moving, educational, realistic, and just plain genius. I’ll see you on on Thursday.